CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 19, 2008

Questions:

Okay, so since no one usually reads follow up comments, I have decided that when people ask me questions, I will just do a post answering them to the best of my ability. Please note that I do NOT know the perfect answer for anything. I can tell you what I have read, what my doctors have told me, and what I have learned from other parents like me. I also went to a DAN conference in California last year where Doctors and others lectured for 3 days with actual medical information regarding Autism and autism treatments. Many people think that Autism, ADHD, Aspergers, etc. are just neurological disorders, but that is not the case. All of these children also have medical conditions that contributed to their neurological conditions. We will get into this at a later date.

So these are the questions I have been asked:

Question #1: Do you know at what age it is safe to give a child vaccines? Many people have given their children all of their vaccines, yet now in light of new information (not without controversy) are afraid to give them anymore. Some haven't given their children any and wonder when it is okay to start doing it. This is the information I have on the subject. It is only information, so you must do with it what you feel is best:

  • If you have a new baby, there are lots of ways you can go about vaccines. Here are your choices:
  1. Some doctor's suggest not doing any vaccines until your baby is at least 2 and their brain has finished developing. At that point, you can do some vaccines if you choose, but with a revised schedule (I will post more below)
  2. If you don't feel comfortable eliminating ALL vaccines, I would definitely go by a revised schedule and some strict guidelines. I will post an article here that I think is really good. It gives a lot of good information and is really worth reading. This is the very short summary, but I think you should all read the whole thing...
In summary, this is a vaccination schedule that I would recommend:
    1. No vaccinations until a child is two years old.
    2. No vaccines that contain thimerosal (mercury).
    3. No live virus vaccines (except for smallpox, should it recur). (this means NO MMR or chicken pox)
    4. These vaccines, to be given one at a time, every six months, beginning at age 2:
      1. Pertussis (acellular, not whole cell)
      2. Diphtheria
      3. Tetanus
      4. Polio (the Salk vaccine, cultured in human cells)

American children are the most highly vaccinated kids in the world. This schedule is an alternative to the one that rules our "vaccine nation" (as the Village Voice terms it). In contrast to the CDC’s immunization schedule, it is user-friendly.

December 10, 2004

Donald Miller (send him mail) is a cardiac surgeon and Professor of Surgery at the University of Washington in Seattle and a member of Doctors for Disaster Preparedness

Copyright © 2004 LewRockwell.com

Notice that this article was written in 2004. This information is not new. This has been a problem for awhile and is only getting worse.

Here is the link: http://www.lewrockwell.com/miller/miller15.html

Notice he again says to split the vaccines up. That one will not be easy either, but you can read my earlier post re: splitting up vaccines and that may help.

If you do choose to vaccinate, PLEASE follow these guidelines - (contrary to what your doctor may say...) Not that I know more than doctors, but there is actual medical evidence to support these things....

  • Split up the vaccines only done ONE every six months. (Even though your doctor and the CDC may say it is safe to give multiple together). Please read earlier post re: Information from CDC's website...
  • Don't give vaccines with live viruses (Chicken Pox, MMR, etc)
  • NEVER, EVER give your child a vaccine when they are sick. I know that people say that if you wait until your child is healthy, they will never get their shots. However, I would keep waiting until they are at least 99% healthy. Even the slightest weakened immune system could cause their body to not be able to handle the vaccines.
  • DO NOT give your child the chicken pox vaccine at all! If they are 10 years old and have not gotten chicken pox, then you can vaccinate them at that point, until then, do not do it. Especially in light of the fact that vaccinated children are getting chicken pox anyways....
  • DO NOT GIVE YOUR CHILD TYLENOL BEFORE OR AFTER A VACCINATION! (I would wait months...) I HAVE ALSO RECENTLY JUST READ TO NOT GIVE THEM IBUPROFEN EITHER. Your doctor will tell you to do it because of pain/fever, but there are other ways to take care of that. Plus, just recently Tylenol baby products were taken off the market because they were not helping anyways and some children had died from overdoses. There is good reason for this. It is a medical fact:
The body uses glutathione to remove toxins. Acetaminophen (Tylenol) depletes the body of glutathione. Therefore, giving tylenol before and after vaccines limits the body's ability to remove the toxins from the vaccines. Tylenol should never, ever be given before or after vaccines. Ibuprofen (Motrin) should also never be used, as it inhibits the production of glutathione. So, acetaminophen burns it up and ibuprofen prevents the body from making it. Either way, you're left with not enough of what you need to eliminate the toxins from the body.


Part 2 of Question #1:

If a child has already had one or more doses of a certain vaccine (which they get most of them 4 times...) there is a 95% chance that they are already immune. The CDC is now giving these "boosters" which we didn't use to have "just in case" that %5 were not immune after the 1st shot. I don't know about you, but I don't want to inject my child with anymore diseases or toxins if I don't have to. So, you have 3 choices:
  1. You can ask your doctor to check your child's titers. (tigh-ters). They will have to do a blood test, but the results will let you know if your child is already immune. If they are, you do not need any more shots. If they are not (which will be rare) you can decide if you want to give them the vaccine or risk getting the disease or virus. I would do that by weighing the likely hood of them getting that disease as well as how serious the disease is. I know that none of us would want our child to get chicken pox, however, we probably all had it as children and we are fine. If you look at the side effects of the chicken pox vaccine, you will see that it is one of the very worst vaccines. I would not risk giving my child such a harmful vaccine to prevent against such a mild disease. I say that especially in light of how many children are being harmed by vaccines. At this point - in my (and MANY other mothers' opinions) you have a much higher chance of your child getting Autism, ADHD, Sensory Processing Disorder, or some other neurological disorder than you do them getting measles, etc. etc.

Your Doctor will probably think you are being a pain and that this process is not necessary, however, if you feel strongly about this and are as worried as most mothers are, don't let your doctor push you into doing something that you don't feel good about. I have nothing against doctors, however, if they have not seen personally what the vaccines can do, they do not believe it to be true. I have met many doctors who did not believe it until they saw it happen to their own child. They have now changed their views....

I also know it will be hard to make your poor child get a blood test. That is never fun. However, because my son is completely deficient in B12, we have to inject him every 3 days with a b12 shot. I am not trying to scare anyone, but until you are on the other side of the situation, you realize that if you could go back, you would do any blood test or anything else you could do to prevent the current situation. The problem is, you just never know if it is going to happen to your child until the damage is done.... It can be undone, but it is very hard, very expensive, etc. etc.


2. You can just risk your child getting the disease and not check to see if they are immune. Again, if they have had at least one round of the particular vaccine, chances are, they are immune. Most all of these diseases are treatable with modern medicine. That being said, if everyone stops vaccinating, these disease could come back. We do NOT want that. We just want to not give our kids more than they need and revise the schedule so we can all go back to the way things were...

3. You can just go ahead and give them the vaccines. This is a choice, but would not be my recommendation. There is just such a small chance that your child is not already immune and such a big chance of the vaccine causing damage. Even if it doesn't trigger Autism or autism like behaviors, it can still do damage to the neurological system. If you go read the side effects in my earlier post, you can see that the main ones almost all say that they can cause fever seizures, brain damage, etc. My 5 year old has what is called "Sensory Processing Disorder" It is a disorder on the same spectrum which I have seen get worse (in retrospect) after each vaccine.

My son is starting kindergarten and I was not about to give him any more shots. My school just required a note from his doctor stating that he wasn't getting his shots for medical reasons. My sister had to go to the health department for her county and fill out a few documents and that was it. You DO NOT have to give your child shots. You are their parent. If you do not want to give them any, or just not anymore, that is your choice. I have a few friends who have never given their kids any shots and they are all healthy as can be. Not to say that they will not ever get sick, but there are huge outbreaks of chicken pox right now where most of the kids have already been vaccinated. Vaccines are not an absolute that your child will not get the disease.

Okay, so I think that was really only 2 main questions, but I answered a lot of little ones in between. I am sorry I can't ever do a short post, but I just have too much information and I just can't stop....

One last tid-bit. A friend of mine has children with a serious blood disorder. After a year of being in the hospital and a surgery (or maybe more than one) they are finally in recovery. I won't name names, but since she posted this comment on my other blog, I am hoping she won't mind that I copied it here....
"The Doctors want to re-introduce vaccinations once the boy's immune systems are strong enough to handle it. We are VERY leery and leaning toward doing some, but not all. Even now, we have to keep the boys away from other kids who have just had the MMR - for 2 months. "

So, these children are not even supposed to be AROUND a child who has received an MMR shot! If a vaccine can hurt a child with a poor immune system just from being in the same room with someone who has had it, should we really be injecting it into our children?

The end.
Please post comments or questions and I will try to answer them.

Thanks!

7 comments:

Mark said...

good work!!!
greetings from the UK

Mark
http://somethingbeginningwitha.blogspot.com/

. said...

Good work Tammy. I agree with you knowledge is power and parents should empower themselves with knowledge before making any medical desisions that will affect them or thier family. People put far too much blind faith in what medical professionals tell them. In this day a age we can do alot of independant research. If your research leads you to question something, your doctor should be willing to discuss any concern, they should also be able to tell you of the risks assiciated with any precedure proir.
Corey
I was sorry to hear that your family had to learn this from hard experiance.
We miss you guys and are planning a trip down your way sometime this summer we'll have to hook up.

Ludvigson Family said...

Wow Tammy! You have really done your homework. Thank you so much for sharing some of your research and information. I had no idea you were having so many challenges with Wyatt~ But it sounds like he is improving. He is lucky to have such a loving, patient, passionate dedicated, parents to love him and help him.
Thanks again for the information. I am going to give your blog address to my sister. She just had a baby with Downs Syndrom she dosn't know what to do with immunizing him. She did say that when he was in ICU they wouldn't let her daughter who was 2 even see him until she proved that her immunizations were current????

Jaci Moore said...

I'm so glad that you did this blog! I'm a friend of Heidi and Mindy's. Vaccines make me nervous, fortunately my little boy's ok. I did everything wrong that you say not to do on your blog. I have already told a lot of friends about your blog just to get the information out. Thanks.
Jaci Moore

Natelli Johnston said...

Thank you !!!! good job, I used to work for a chiropractor years ago and learned all of that and slowly over the years have forgotten and just gone with the crowd. would you mind if I called you and asked you a few more questions? I am in Mindy's ward.

Brain Balance Mom said...

Natelli, you can get my number from mindy and call me whenever. I may have to call you back if I miss you, but just leave your number. Hopefully I will have answers for you or tell you where to find them!

rocknbrocks said...

Thanks for all of your valuable info Tam! I have two questions: I asked about checking Baby's titers today and the doc's response was, "They could show "SOME" immunity at that time, but because children's immune systems are constantly changing, they may not be immune at another time that is why they recommend boosters, to boost the immune system."
So my question is, are there certain levels that they should be looking for as they check the titers? I mean if the titers show a certain level, what is that and how do we know if they are immune to fight those diseases?

I have been leary about the vaccines and have Benjamin on a delayed schedule. He got his Dtap last week and today developed a rash around the injection site. The doc said its a possible allergic reaction to something in the vaccine, possibly a preservative like glyecerin. He assured me that they haven't used Thimerasol for over 7 years. What other preservatives are known to cause negative affects? thank you